Friday, May 4, 2012

Fruit Smoothie

High Fiber and High Protein Fruit Smoothie-YUM!!

This is the recipe that I recommend for my weight loss clients. The vanilla shake mix I add is part of the weight loss program but is great for anyone needing a healthy snack or meal replacement. It's important to make sure meals have both fiber and protein. The combination of these two nutritional elements help you feel full longer, increase your energy, and stabilize your blood sugar.

Ingredients:
1/2 banana
1 scoop Vanilla Shake (serving size is 2 scoops so add more if you want)
Favorite frozen fruit (Handful)
Water (about 8 oz)

Throw it all in the blender. I use the liquify setting. The kids prefer to use the Magic Bullet. I've found out that I like a little bit of pineapple in mine, I can take or leave the banana, and I don't care for blackberries in it because of the seeds. So easy, so healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment